TiECON CHENNAI 2011 has its theme as “Opportunity – See It, Size It, Seize It”, and would present emerging opportunities in exciting, new domains, with a special focus on building successful ventures in these areas. The venue is the prestigious Chennai Convention Centre and the event would take place on November 24, 2011.
Like in our previous TiECONs, we expect to have over 1200 delegates attending, comprising of Business Leaders, Entrepreneurs, VC’s, Regulators, Bankers, Academia and Students.
TiECON CHENNAI 2011 would include the following programs:
- A Curtain-Raiser Dinner on the evening of Nov 23, 2011. Charter Members, Speakers and Panelists, VCs, Sponsors and special invitees would be attending and would have an opportunity to network and get an overview of TiECON CHENNAI 2011.
- The LIBA-TiE Chennai Business Plan Competition – Over 500 teams are expected to participate from all over India. The finalists would present to VCs on Nov 23, and the winning teams would receive their prizes during the business sessions.
- Entrepreneur Awards 2011 – The Entrepreneur Awards recognise the entrepreneurial drive that propels the largest of organisations or the startups of yesterday and celebrates this never-say-die spirit of adventure that leads to the success of entrepreneurs. This year’s awards would feature an expanded list of award categories, with eligible entrepreneurs identified from all across Tamil Nadu. The awardees would be selected by a distinguished jury panel. The Entrepreneur Awards function has always attracted special publicity and has been one of the highlights of TiECON CHENNAI.
- Keynote Addresses & Panel Discussions – The business sessions would be delivered by eminent speakers and distinguished business leaders from India and overseas. In line with the theme, the following sessions would deliver insightful and focused content that would inspire budding entrepreneurs to capitalize on the emerging opportunities:
- Opportunities Abound– The India Vision: Would cover what’s hot, what’s not, among the opportunities that emerging India presents. The business gurus from select sectors would present their perspective of these opportunities in each domain.
- Catalyze Market Opportunity Through Capital: Speakers would focus on getting ready to attract investment, the availability of capital from various sources, at different stages of the business, and the timing to access capital to build on opportunities.
- Opportunities on the Road Less Travelled: This session would focus on offbeat/unique businesses and how entrepreneurs who have walked away from the crowd have built successful ventures through their creativity and innovation.
- Opportunities to Turn Up Trumps: There is a time to build and there is a time to exit. This session would feature visionary entrepreneurs who have made successful exits, encashing the long term value and potential that they built into their businesses.
- Pitch-to-VC Sessions would provide an opportunity for over 100 budding entrepreneurs to present their business plans to multiple VCs in one-on-one settings.
- Break-out Sessions – would cover panel discussions on industry specific business trends and funding opportunities. Specific focus on mobile platforms, healthcare, and education sectors, has been planned.
- Opportunity to get Awestruck – A lightning buzz round that would feature 15+ entrepreneurs presenting unique business models that created exciting opportunities in non-traditional domains.